Sunday, January 12, 2014

Writing before I forget

I am writing this before I forget. I just woke up from a dream and I don't want to miss any of the details.

I was at some hospital visiting someone, not really sure who, but I was with my mom. I got up to go to the bathroom and walked by an open curtain and saw this tuft of gray oily hair and a big bald spot.... It looked like Daddys hair... I walked around to get a look, it was him. Asleep. I shook him awake and he saw me and extended his arms to greet me. He had bandages on his back like after his spinal surgery or his battle with shingles, I couldn't tell. I was in disbelief, I just kept asking him how could this be how could this be. He said that Uncle Steve came to get him and bring him home, and so he did. Then I looked over and my uncle was in the bed right next to Daddy, but someone had moved their beds so they were touching, and uncle Steve was leaning on Daddys shoulder, passed out from all of that work.. getting up to Heaven and bringing him back... Then I just couldn't stop bugging and kissing my father, as I went up and down his arm with kisses, all of his scars and bruises that were present when he died were there, I can't believe I can remember where  all of his bruises were... Then I went into a panic to get ahold of my mom, but I didn't want to walk away from Daddy. I called her and told her to come quick I had a huge surprise, she said she had just gotten to her car to go and get us something to eat, she kept making excuses as to not come inside so I just yelled, Daddys Alive!!!!! Come quick!!!!

Then I woke up... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment