Thursday, June 28, 2012

Luckiest Girl in the World...

I believe that I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world. You are probably thinking, "what in the heck, her father was just diagnosed with cancer?" Yes, but still, I am so lucky! Want to know why? I am lucky because through having to sit in Daddy's hospital room and comtemplating how to tell my mother what the doctor had just told us, I was texting and talking on the phone with my boyfriend. Ken is my rock. When I told him what the doctors had told us, he immediately wanted to leave work and drive an hour and half to the hospital. Through it all, he has been reassuring to me, telling me that, "I can do it." I honestly have no idea where I would be without him in my life. If I had to cope through the mixture of crazy feeling that come with a parent being given a cancer diagnosis by myself, there is no doubt that I probably would have dropped out of college. Instead, I graduated with my teaching degree, with honors, and received the Education Departmental Award. I am now even pursuing a second degree. Where I leave gaps with school, and spending time with my Daddy, and work, and running errands for my mother, and driving Daddy to all of his doctors appointments, Ken fills in. He does anything my parents need him to, even when they don't ask him to.He has been able to help out beyond any of our wildest dreams, while being able to earn a promotion at his job. I love him.








I will talk about him a lot throughout the rest of my blogging. He is such a blessing, and I AM the luckiest girl in the world to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment